CPCCLDG3001A LICENCE TO PERFORM DOGGING
This unit specifies the outcomes required to perform slinging techniques, including the selection and inspection of lifting gear and/or the directing of the crane operator in the movement of the load when the load is out of view of the crane/ operator for licensing purposes.
What is a dogman?
Dogging work involves exercising judgement (making decisions) find out more…..
Participants will receive training in the following skills and knowledge areas;
- Types of lifting equipment
- Angle factors and reeve factors
- Whistles and hand signals
- Hazard identification
- Crane set up and moving loads
- Bends and hitches
5 days [4 days training plus 1 day assessing] (35 hours)
Face to face – at our site in Guildford (see below scheduled dates)
Face to face – at your site (providing you have adequate training areas, resources and participants, fees may apply)
Pre-requisites and entry requirements
- There are no formal pre-requisites for this unit of competency.
- Candidates must be 18 years and over to participate in this course.
- Persons wishing to undertake this course need to have the physical capacity to carry out the work safely.
- Basic literacy and numeracy skills are also required for successful completion.
- If a participant fails to bring 100 points of identification a re-booking fee of $180 will be charged for assessment to be re-scheduled.
What to wear
- Protective Clothing (long trousers; long or short sleeve shirt)
- Enclosed shoes (steel capped boots)
- Safety Vests (if applicant owns one)
- Safety Hard Hat (if applicant owns one)
Applying for your HRW licence
- HRW Licences are valid for 5 years from the date of issue.
- To apply for your HRW licence, you must lodge your HRW assessment paperwork and application form at an Australia Post outlet together with a passport sized photo and pay the prescribed processing fee within 60 days of completion of your final HRW assessment.
- Failure to lodge your paperwork on time will result in you being an unlicensed operator and further training and/or assessing fees will apply after the 60-day period.
To book online click the button below and choose a date, than follow the prompts.