Medium Rigid Licence - MR Truck Licencing
Licence to Operate a Medium Rigid Vehicle
Designed for drivers who wish to upgrade from a C class or an LR – Light Rigid licence. Participants develop the necessary skills, knowledge and attitude to obtain a MR – Medium Rigid heavy vehicle truck licence with a synchromesh manual or automatic transmission, through competency based assessment (CBA) with experienced trainers accredited by the RMS.
Class MR Licence vehicles in NSW include:
– Trucks and buses with a GVM more than eight tonnes and two axles
– Any towed trailer must not weigh more than nine tonnes GVM.
– Have held a class C licence, (except a learner licence) or equivalent for one year or more. Any time you’ve spent on a P1 licence counts, but you can’t practice to drive an MR vehicle, or upgrade to an MR licence until you hold a P2 or full class C licence
– Participants must have completed the MR – Medium Rigid knowledge test and obtained a CBA learner logbook and guide book.
– Pass an eyesight test
– Pre-operational check and cabin drill.
– Start, move off, shut down and secure.
– Management of steering, gears, brakes and accelerator.
– Create, maintain and protect crash avoidance space.
– Application of road rules and directions.
– Reversing and parking.
– Hill stop and Hill start.
– Load securing.
– Final competency assessment.
Final competency assessment (FCA):
Once the Training course is completed you will be required to sit the Final Competency Assessment, which is a final drive that will be video recorded as an RMS requirement. After the FCA has been completed successfully and the required standard of competency has been achieved you will be issued with a certification which the RMS will then use to issue you MR licence.
Please contact us for dates. Courses are run 7 days a week.