Heavy Rigid Licence Training - HR Truck Training
HR - Heavy Rigid Truck Licence
This training program is designed for people who wish to attain a “Heavy Rigid” Drivers licence. People seek this licence to upgrade their skills from a MR Licence, or as part of a job role as a delivery driver, courier, bus driver or other commercial role.
Heavy Rigid vehicles are trucks that has three or more axles and a Gross Vehicle Mass (GVM) over 8 tonnes.
These vehicles, can be Buses, heavy rigid tray trucks, heavy tip trucks and Semi-Trailer“Prime Movers (when without trailer).
A Heavy Rigid ‘Class HR’ covers a rigid vehicle with 3 or more axles and a GVM of more than 8 tonnes.
Any towed trailer must not weigh more than 9 tonnes GVM.
Also includes articulated buses and vehicles in class ‘MR’.Heavy Rigid vehiclesare also commonly equipped with two different types of gearboxes, these are:“Automatic/Synchromesh”such as anEaton Gearbox, which is found to be more often fitted to European Trucks.
Drivers with manual car licence are more easily able to adapt to this style of gearbox.
“Manual/Constant Mesh” gearboxes such as the “Roadranger” require the the gear changing technique known as “Double clutching” this is questionably more challenging to participants who have no prior experience with this style of gearbox.
The use of the Roadranger is declining as more new European based trucks enter the market.
We can teach you either Should you select the Automatic Gearbox option, you will receive a Class B licence endorsement which will only allow you to drive vehicles fitted with Automatic or Synchromesh gearboxes.
Or Manual/ Constant Mesh Gearbox option, you will receive an Unrestricted licence
To enter into this course, you will need to:
- Already hold a “C” or “MR” class drivers licence for other12 months, or be on a “minimum 1 year green P” C class licence holder.
- You will need to have been to the Road Traffic Authority (RMS), passed the RMS“HR Knowledge Test”. (The RMScharge $40 for this)Pass the RMS Eyesight test
- Been issued with a RMS CBA (Competency Based Assessment) Logbook and CBA guide book.(The RMScharge $24 for this)
- Contact FHV Driver Training and book in for training and assessment please have your Logbook with you when you call, as there are details within the Logbook which we require for processing your booking.
During the course you will learn to:
- Drive the light rigid vehicle
- Monitor traffic and road conditions
- Monitor and maintain vehicle performance
These skills are delivered and assessed over a period of about 8 -10 hours (depending upon gearbox used)hours, each driver learns at a different rate, and thus you may require a slightly more or less time.
Please contact us below for fees associated with this course.
At FHV we have a price beat garuntee we will match or even beat any quoted price to ensure you get the quality of training you deserve.
Click here to find out or course pricing or contact us on 02 9721 2646.
The assessment process consists of:
- You passing the assessment conducted by FHV Driver Training
- FHV Driver Training submitting your results to the RMS computer system
- You going to the RMS, and paying the Licence upgrade fee of $22.00 and picking up your licence
- There are no further steps or assessments required