RIIHAN307E - Operate a Vehicle Loading Crane
This unit specifies the outcomes required to operate a vehicle loading crane with a capacity of under 10 metre tonnes, mounted on a vehicle for the principle purpose of loading and unloading.
By undertaking this course, participants will gain the skills and knowledge required to obtain a National statement of attainment and ID card.
Participants will receive training in the following skills and knowledge areas;
- Planning work
- Whistles and hand signals
- Hazard identification
- Crane set up and transferring loads
- Reading load charts
- Shutting down and securing the crane
PRE-REQUISITES AND ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- Must be 18 years and over to participate in this course.
- Persons wishing to undertake this course need to have the physical capacity to carry out the work safely.
- Basic literacy and numeracy skills are also required for successful completion.
To enter the course,
- participants must also bring their own whistle,
- wear steel capped boots, long pants and
- safety shirt or vest.
Training is a mixture of classroom and practical.
Participants must successfully complete written theory and practical demonstration assessments.
The course is delivered over 1 days of face-to-face training and assessment. It may be delivered either at FHV Training’s fully equipped premises or in the workplace, if appropriate.
RPL / RCC (recognition) is available to participants who can provide evidence of competency for the units undertaken.
- $450 per person(including all training and assessment)